Washington Divorce Lawyer
When a married couple seeks a divorce or legal separation in the state of Washington, they may reach a mutual agreement that is submitted for court approval or they may leave it to a judge to issue an order concerning the division of their property and division of debts.
Although Washington courts are required by state law to hear all evidence allowed by the Washington Rules of Evidence and issue an order in conformity with Washington law, courts have a tremendous amount of discretion in determining how to divide property and allocate the responsibility for marital debts.
If you are getting a divorce or legal separation in Pierce County or South King County, Washington, we encourage you to contact Tim Edwards & Associates.
Attorney Tim Edwards and our staff will handle all negotiations, motions, hearings and if necessary, trial, on your behalf. We will actively negotiate with your spouse or their attorney to seek an agreement that fully protects your financial rights and your family. If your spouse is unwilling to be unreasonable, we will not hesitate to fight aggressively on your behalf at trial.
Complex Property Division
Attorney Tim Edwards practices exclusively in divorce and family law and has handled family law cases for over 30 years. He is experienced with divorce cases involving complex financial matters, including:
- Valuation and division of a family-operated business
- Alimony/spousal maintenance/spousal support claims
- Division of vested and unvested retirement accounts
- Community property and property settlement issues
- Division of stocks, mutual funds and other investment funds
- Disputes over the fair market value of real estate or a home
- Assets owned prior to marriage and assets inherited during marriage
Contact Tim Edwards & Associates
To have your case handled by an experienced and dedicated professional who will put your best interests first, contact Tim Edwards & Associates.