About the Firm
Auburn Family Law Attorneys Protect Your Rights
Established attorneys provide practical solutions for Washington residents
Since 1978 Tim Edwards has represented clients dealing with family law issues. In 1994 Tim founded the Law Firm of Tim Edwards & Associates, P.S. to help clients in Pierce and King counties resolve their family law issues favorably, in a timely and cost-effective manner. Sara Leach joined our team in 2011 after clerking for the Court of Appeals Division III of the State of Washington. The firm draws on years of experience to provide practical solutions for your urgent concerns. We understand that a divorce or child custody dispute can be enormously stressful, so we offer personal assistance, reliable guidance and strong representation. Although we think creatively to craft practical solutions that fit your unique circumstances, we also fight aggressively whenever the situation demands.
Washington family lawyers you can trust
Tim Edwards & Associates, P.S. believes that results are paramount, but your peace of mind throughout the process is also vitally important. When you retain us for your family law issues, you get a legal team that is:
- Experienced — Founding attorney Tim Edwards has been practicing family law for four decades. He is admitted to practice in the courts of Washington State, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Washington, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States. Sara Leach not only is admitted to practice in the courts of Washington State, but she has the unique distinction of having served as a clerk for the Court of Appeals Division III of the State of Washington.
- Reputable — Tim Edwards is a Past President of the South King County Bar Association and a Past President of the Family Law Section of the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association. Tim Edwards was selected as the Attorney of the Year by the Family Law Section of the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association in 2012. In addition Tim Edwards is also AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional ability. Sara Leach has established herself as a highly respected and very successful advocate for our clients in Pierce and King counties.
- Aggressive — We are passionate in our advocacy and assert our clients’ rights aggressively in the conference room and the courtroom.
When we undertake your case, you get our focused attention and determination throughout the legal process.
Areas of Practice
Dedicated representation for a wide array of family law issues
encompasses numerous issues that are close to your heart, and on which your welfare depends. Our firm regularly manages cases related to:
- Divorce — We capably manage all issues related to legal separation, contested divorce and uncontested divorces in Washington, including spousal support (alimony), child support, child custody and visitation, and property division.
- Mediation — As an accomplished family law mediator, Tim Edwards draws upon decades of experience to help resolve your family law matter in a less costly and more private forum.
- Post-divorce issues — We represent parents in post-divorce actions for and against child custody modification, child support modification, parenting plan modification, and relocation.
- Restraining orders — We represent both sides in hearings concerning allegations of domestic violence and protective orders.
- Paternity — We represent mothers, fathers, alleged fathers, and children in actions to determine paternity, as well as subsequent child custody and child support matters.
As skilled litigators, we are never shy about going to court, but we are often able to achieve cost-effective resolutions for our clients through divorce or family law mediation.
Contact a reputable law firm for aggressive family law representation in Auburn, WA
Tim Edwards & Associates, P.S. is pleased to represent clients throughout Pierce County and King County. To speak with an experienced attorney who will protect your rights, call 253-833-6633 or contact us online
to schedule an appointment at our office located in Auburn.